- Sarah Fleming-NikerH.J Newman(formally known at the time Newman & Son) did an amazing job with my mum when she passed in 2011. Now my dad has passed I know they'll do the same thing. I'm eternally grateful for all they've done for my mum & my dad, if I could rate more stars I'd definitely put more than 5.05/08/23
- Mamta PatelI recently attended a funeral service organised by H. J Newman Funeral Director, and it was a truly touching and well-executed event.from the beginning to the end,every aspect of the service was handled with professionalism, compassion and attention to detail. Here’s why I highly recommend H.J Newman Funeral Director based on my experience:23/05/23
- JASWINDER KULLARI just wanted to say thank you to the whole Newman Team, in particular Tina, Barbara and Ben. Each contact with Newmans to arrange mum’s funeral was exceptional. Not only did Newmans ensure the whole day ran smoothly but showed respect for mum. They remained confidential, are compassionate, caring, and truly understand the significance of loss and how to support a grieving family. This is the first time my family and I have arranged a funeral, and we are truly grateful to have been given their details by the registrar's office. We didn’t need to inform them of Sikh customs, instead they were able to reassure and advise us about the process and accommodate our requests. We had arranged for horses and a carriage for mums final journey and it was beautiful, and exactly what mum wanted and deserved. Thank you so much for everything.23/05/23
- Bakshinder MannMy mother’s holy wash was due on Tuesday 9th May. We were advised it was at 3-4pm. We called in the morning to confirm the timings hadn’t changed. Upon arrival we discovered that the holy wash had been carried out an hour earlier. This left us devastated . What an evil thing to do. You should be ashamed of yourselves.23/05/23
- DanielleNewmans Funeral Directors provided our darling Benjamin yesterday with the most outstanding funeral. Ben was so understanding and all the chaps were incredibly respectful, compassionate and kind and very patient. The horse and carriage was beautiful. Thank you all. Love from Danielle & Abbey & Ross ❤️18/03/23
- Michael LongleyI never really imagined I would review a funeral directors, or that there would be much variation between different providers but on both counts I was wrong. We visited 3 companies in Slough. Our first stop was Co-op (they had collected the body as arranged by the police, I guess they get a lot of business because of this...) anyway, they were dreadful, patronising and pushing their most expensive package hard by pointing out they wouldn't have pall bearers carry the coffin on any cheaper packages and would just push the coffin in on a trolley, they also couldn't offer any slots for several weeks. The second company were fine, kind and helpful but only offered a couple of set packages. Then we arrived at Newmans. The woman we dealt with (apologies, I don't remember her name) was lovely. She explained that we were free to pick and choose each and every element we wanted in the funeral with no pressure to add in extras to bump up the cost, we were provided with clear and easy to understand prices for everything so we could make informed choices and they were helpful in recommending suppliers for flowers and order of service stationery but also went to great lengths to reassure us there was no obligation and we were welcome to use our suppliers of choice if we wished. They liaised with our chosen minister and took care of everything to make sure everything was in place for the day and they then carried out the agreed service with utmost professionalism. It's not the sort of purchase you can really be enthusiastic about, but I would recommend Newmans wholeheartedly. The price was competitive but the service was miles ahead of the competition. They made a difficult situation as good as it could have been.29/01/23
- Jane Minday-JonesH J Newman were recommended by a family member. We are so glad they did. My mum in laws funeral arrangements were handled with sensitivity, support and compassion. Barbara was so kind and helpful. We felt so looked after as she guided us through the process. We are so grateful to you all for helping us get everything under control at such a difficult time. My husband also was so grateful to your duty officer who was really helpful. Thank you.12/12/22
- Jaswinder PanesarWe are very grateful to Newmans funeral service for the sensitivity to the family and respect they showed towards our late father. My fathers funeral was smooth and he had a wonderful farewell. As we are Sikhs Newmans were fully aware of the final rites that were appropriate to our faith. They even managed to find a wonderful substitute to a track that we wanted played in the crematorium. Given the circumstances we had a very smooth experience.10/12/22
- paulandjo frostMy family would just like to thank Tina and her colleagues at Newmans for the help they gave us with preparing my dads funeral, from the moment we went through their door they were nothing but kind and helpful and everyone they put us in touch with were the same, nothing was to much trouble for any of them. Thank you for everything you did for us Ann and Joanne18/08/22
- Mark StevensMy Aunt left instructions for her funeral to be undertaken by H.J Newman. She certainly made a good choice. Tina and the team were very supportive and we could not have had better guidance for arranging our first funeral. Everything was explained comprehensively, contacts were given for 'order of service', and for the lady, Pauline, that was to lead the service. All were excellent. Thank you H.J.Newman20/07/22
Trust our family to take care of yours
Here for you when you need us the most.
Call us today 01753 524286
We understand losing a loved one or close friend is an emotional time, and as one of the few remaining family run funeral directors in Slough, we pride ourselves on helping you through every step of the process. How can we help you?
Independent family owned business
H.J Newman is very much a fully independent family owned funeral directors in Slough. We don’t offer funeral packages, we believe each funeral is a unique experience, which is why we listen and tailor the funeral to your individual requirements and budget needs.
It is a difficult time and there is a wealth of options available to you, which is why we are more than happy to answer any questions you may have or indeed simply offer some advice. You can trust our family to take care of your loved ones.
We offer a family driven approach to traditional and bespoke funeral services, including but not exclusively:
Talk to our friendly team.
We pride ourselves on helping you through every step of the process, which is why a Newman family member is always available during office hours and in addition we provide an out of hours 24 hour/365 a day service for collection of your loved one.
We are fully accredited members of NAFD